Friday, March 11, 2011

Novena to St. Joseph

by Angela Santana, Ministry Coordinator

A man of action. A just man. Served his God. Protected and provided for his family. God entrusted His only Son to him.

Can you imagine the amount of pressure St. Joseph might have felt? The confusion and wonder - "Why did the Lord God choose me to protect, raise, and provide for His Son?" Yet he acted out of obedience and, as tradition tells us, died in the arms of Mary and Jesus. These are just a few reasons why St. Joseph is the patron saint of our Catholic Men's Conference. Every man should look to him as a role model. Even as a woman, I have a devotion to St. Joseph, and have entrusted my future husband and children to his prayerful care.

We invite you to join us in praying the St. Joseph Novena, a nine-day devotion anticipating the feast of the Lord's foster-father: March 19.

Novena Prayer

Saint Joseph, you are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. You know that I have confidence in you and that, after Jesus and Mary, I come to you as an example for holiness, for you are especially close with God. Therefore, I humbly commend myself, with all who are dear to me and all that belong to me, to your intercession. I beg of you, by your love for Jesus and Mary, not to abandon me during life and to assist me at the hour of my death.

Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin, pray for me to have a pure, humble, charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the Lord's Will. Be my guide, my father, and my model through life that I may to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Divine Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death, and the special grace I now implore:

(Mention your personal intentions)

Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I feel confident that your prayers on my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Deacon Tom and Mary Jane, thank you for the St. Joseph Novena. St. Joseph has helped so many people because of his strong, protective, and holy fatherly role.

    Thank you for all you do to help people to get close to God. By the way, I love the picture of Our Lady of Sorrows in the Holy Sepulcher.

    Gratefully your friend, Gloria Tovar

    ReplyDelete